페이지 정보작성자 KSFW 댓글 0건 조회 731회 작성일 22-02-08 01:52
1. 2021-2022 School Year 2nd semester Class Schedule
Time: Saturday Jan. 29th – Saturday May 28th
Every Sat. 9:30am - 1:00pm *Temp. & Symptoms will be checked at the school entrance.
Location: TAF @Saghalie (Formerly known as, Saghalie Middle School)
33914 19th Ave SW, Federal Way, WA 98023
2. Class Assignment & Final Registration Confirmation
- Class assignment can be found on the Dashboard after logging into the school website.
- New Students:
Each student or parent will receive an email from their homeroom teacher, inviting them to their specific Google Classroom. You must accept this invitation in order to gain access to your Google Classroom. All future class announcements, lesson summaries, and homework will be available on this platform, and it serves as an easy way to contact your teachers as well. (We recommend downloading the Google classroom App on our smartphone or tablet as this makes it more easily available.)
- On the first day of school, upon entering the building, there will be signs leading you to your classroom. Personnel will also be available to help.
- To those who have yet to finalize their registration, we ask that you pay the registration fee as soon as possible. If you are having trouble finalizing your registration through the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
3. School regulations & COVID-19 Safety Protocols
1) If a student shows any symptoms such as fever, runny nose, cough, headache, or fatigue on a school day, please allow the students to stay home for that week.
(Students will be checked for fever and symptoms at the school entrance. If any symptoms are found, we may ask the student to return home.)
2) Masks are required inside the school building. We ask that everyone be attentive in wearing their masks and having them ready before entering the school. Sanitizing stations inside the school and classroom are always filled and available. Further, each classroom will be provided a COVID-19 hygiene box which will include anti-bacterial spray, extra masks, hand sanitizer, thermometer, disposable gloves, etc.
3) Masks will be removed only during snack time. As per the Federal Way School district COVID-19 protocols, the cafeteria will be set up with individual desks. Each desk will be used by one person and each individual will enjoy their snacks at their individual desk in their individual chairs.
4) On the first week of every month, you will receive a monthly newsletter that will include the Snack menu for that month. As health and safety are our first priority, we will provide prepackaged snacks. In the case of allergies, students will be allowed to bring their own snacks and consume it within the cafeteria.
5) Korean school of Federal Way is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Way School District. We must follow all of their COVID-19 Protocols and must be operated in accordance with the district. If the district decides to switch to remote learning, the Korean School of Federal Way must abide. Should this happen, you will be first notified by the school and each homeroom teacher will follow up with more specific information.
6) Please do not bring any items from home that are not essential to your students' learning. (Ex: Toys, tablets, etc.)
4. Jan. 29th (Sat.) First day of Second Semester “Lunar New Years Day 설날 (Seol-nal)” Event
This year, the biggest holiday in Korean culture “Lunar New Years Day” (Seol-nal) is on Feb. 1st. Our school will be celebrating “Seol-nal” on the first day of the semester, Jan. 29th, and is in the midst of preparing several different events for you to experience. All events have been planned all with the sharp increase of Omicron cases in mind, and will put safety first in each step of the process. Although we are still in the midst of a pandemic, we have done our best to provide experiences and events that students can enjoy whilst still upholding COVID-19 regulations. We ask that you read the following information and come celebrate the New Year with us.
- If your child has a hanbok (Korean Traditional Costume) to wear, we ask that you come to school wearing your hanbok that day.
- Each class will be given a separate time slot to access the “Se Bae” (Korean Traditional Greeting) experience that will be set up in the school gym.
- In celebration of the New Year, we will prepare special snacks. (“Ga Rae Dduk” Stick Rice Cakes, “Ggul Dduk” Honey Rice Cakes, and “Yak Gwa” Honey Cookies)
- Each class has planned to play “Yut Nol Ee” (윷놀이) , “Jae Ki Cha Gee” (제기차기), "Too Ho Deon Jee Gee" (투호던지기) - the Korean Traditional Games.
- Homeroom teachers will have age appropriate activities planned that will introduce “Seol-Nal” and its significance.
On Jan. 29th, we look forward to celebrating the new year, one of the biggest holidays in Korean culture, with all of our students.
The year 2022 is the year of the black tiger. Although Covid-19 is still very much present in our community, we pray that all of our students and families will be filled with the indomitable spirit of the fierce tiger from the first day of the coming new year!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our school, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We are always ready to assist you.
Once again, we welcome all of our students and families to the second half of 2021-2022 school year! We wish for your health, joy, and luck in all of your future endeavors.
With deep respect and gratitude,
Principal of Korean School of Federal Way
Jane Jaeeun Lee
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.